Who we are
Tempest helps destination organizations be powerful assets for their community. We do this by building websites that locals can be proud of, providing cloud software that strengthens relationships, and marketing programs that support local communities.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate, creative, strategic Growth Marketing leader to join our team. You will work directly with our VP of Integrated Marketing Services, and CEO to design and deliver growth marketing programs to grow our clients web visibility and share of voice. You will build and lead a team of content writers, editors, social media, and paid media professionals.
You are strategic, and excel at not only identifying opportunities for website growth but can turn those strategic ideas into scalable, operational programs that can work effectively across a wide range of diverse destinations/clients. You are comfortable coordinating across multiple teams and practice areas to create tactical roadmaps and see the work through to execution whether you are executing yourself, building a team to execute, or coordinating across other departments.
You are just as comfortable sharing your thoughts in an ideation session with our creative team as you are pitching new ideas to our executive team or prospective and existing clients. You thrive on team building and enjoy building teams and watching them grow and work together.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to make a positive impact across hundreds of websites in a single vertical (tourism of course) and identify trends, opportunities and then develop strategies, investments and tactics that are repeatable and sustainable.
A day in the life of a Growth Director at Tempest may involve
- Design and present information architecture/sitemap plans for client websites.
- Identifying opportunities to prune, consolidate, or expand website content to address opportunities in organic search
- Developing optimized website content to address visitor needs and opportunities in search.
- Creating marketing emails and social media posts to drive growth of the website.
- Manage large content migration projects for new website projects.
- Develop tactical editorial calendars.
- Manage internal and external content creation team.
- Manage performance marketing team to ensure paid campaigns align with content strategy.
- Deep dive into keyword and competitive research to develop new strategies and tactics
- Work with content team to develop tactical editorial calendars and evergreen content
- Working with internal and external link building teams to execute off-site strategies
- Work with account executive team to on monthly report messaging on strategies and opportunities
- Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- Managing large website content editing and publishing teams.
- Designing and delivering impactful social media campaigns.
- Email marketing best practices and strategies.
- Experience with paid media (PPC, Paid Social, Programmatic)
- Website Crawlers (Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Sitebulb)
- SEO Platforms (SEMRush, Ahrefs, etc)
- Experience with Website Content Management Systems (CraftCMS,Wordpress, Drupal).
- Schema Markup / Structured Data
- Website Analytics (Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Fathom)
- Positive attitude
Perks + Benefits
- Great Center City Philadelphia Location
- Flexible working from home and remote policy
- Travel Opportunities
- 401k Match & Profit Sharing
- Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance
- Supplemental Life, Long Term & Short Term Disability
- Onsite Gym
- Wellness Programs
- Company Outings
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Casual Work Atmosphere
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Online Training and Tuition Reimbursement for ongoing education
If this sounds like a good fit, please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]