Top 6 Highlights from TIAC's 2020 Tourism Congress
It was a thrill to participate in TIAC's Tourism Congress this year. The TIAC team did an amazing job pivoting to an all virtual event and the speaker line up was incredible.
We were excited to connect with so many new and old friends across Canada throughout the conference and hear so many inspiring strategies and stories from industry colleagues as we head toward recovery.
Here are six of the top highlights we overheard at the event:
1. Melissa Lantsman from Enterprise Canada on the importance of getting support from local governments for the tourism sector.
2. Scotty Greenwood from Canadian American Business Council, on the opportunity for domestic travel in Canada.
3. Andrew Watterson of Southwest Airlines on instilling consumer confidence to re-inspire travel.
4. Minto Schneider from Waterloo Region Tourism Corporation about positive spring forecasts based on domestic tour operations.
5. Katherine Florence reflecting on the successful execution of a safe event and the positive spotlight it put on her destination.
6. Jennifer Burnell from Parks Canada sharing a silver lining from the past few months.
Thank you again to the TIAC team for the opportunity to sponsor this wonderful event!